Sunday, November 23, 2008

Contemplation

Last Sunday mass reading, the 34th Sun In ordinary time year A, got me contemplating on alot of things of my pass. Its the year end reading and of course we are encourage to rethink back on our doings towards other and towards God.

I though about how many people I shared my shoulder with, how many I helped when no one else want to lend a hand, how many times I ask for forgiveness, how many meals I prepared for the hungry and so on and so fort....I though about how many people I hurt with my lies and gossip, how many have I scolded, how many have I ignored to pursue my own happiness, how many have I not say I am sorry....

People say it's ok we are not perfect but each day we are given by God to redeem ourselves to become better people for others and yet we take a different opportunity...we take the opportunity to make ourselves better, ourselves richer, ourselves prettier, ourselves fatter, ourselves successful. There is nothing wrong with success as long as we don't lose sight of God., lose sight of Love.

We live in a world were the better you are the greater your respect but their wrong. It's not the success we have that is important but the love to others is. How can we make the world a better place if we think only for ourselves. Mother Theresa says it best....God does not want us to be successful but He want us to be faithful.

I may have hurt more then I help many but at least I know I did and I did it whole heartedly.
Get ready for a better you from me.

No comments: