Friday, November 28, 2008

The Time of the Month

(Yes I can't find what other topic to blog about so please excuse my forwardness...)

It's the time of the month again for every women to deal with-PERIODS. I still remember when I was younger expecting to have my first period, just like any young girls I was scared. I'd have so much question in my mind like 'does it hurt', 'will it be flowing out like water from the pipe','how painful will it be', 'I am afraid I might leak out my skirt', and so on so forth. Nowadays it's more like 'Ok stand back nobody mess with me or they're gonna get it' kinda look or worst in action or the fragile mood 'Oh no that puppy lost it's way...I think I am gonna cry'.

Besides the mood swings, for me I tend to eat a lot before periods. I have cravings of everything that pop's in my mind and that is scary. I would feel all bloated up before periods and I get so over paranoid with my weight...pity my husband have to hear..'Do I look fat..seriously...you better tell me the truth or I'll punch you on the face'....hahaha but not that brutal-lah. But the over eating doesn't happen to me on every pre-period time..if this month I crave for food next month I wont.

The worst is my tummy gets bloating so many people think I am pregnant and I get even more paranoid...argggghhhh. Once when I was in high school one of my guy classmates came and forecast that I will have my period in 3 days just by looking at my gut. Well that's a gift you get when your living with many sisters.

When my period comes my tummy shrink just a little and this time I feel like wearing sexy clothes as long as it curves my body right. Yes this is why women are women.

Then there is the which pad should I buy/use? moment. So many brand, so many scented kinds, so many colours, so many beautiful packaging...heck buy them all at less I have a whole year supply. Whatever goes your way.

Whatever our moods or our choice nevertheless periods are a great excuse for us to indulge in chocolates...mmmm chocolate and red wine....and pickles and limes and so on...

Be warn thou, when before and during period refrain yourself from drinking cold beverages cause it may give you bad effect on the womb area as we age. Better yet practice drinking hot, warm or room temperature drinks to prolong your womanly health...hehehe

Best yet...HAVE A HAPPY PERIOD

No comments: